Foods we eat may well affect the appearance of our stomach, a nutritionist Cassandra Barnes recommended the top 10 with which your stomach will not look bloated – but just flat.
- Garlic – its antifungal and antibacterial properties have a beneficial effect on digestion and stomach.
- Kimchi – a traditional Korean dish of fermented foods prepared with grated cabbage. There are many types of vegetables and spices that are similar to it. It acts as a natural probiotic and is excellent for digestion.
- Artichokes – an excellent source of inulin, a soluble fiber, and are excellent for digestion because of its probiotic effect.
- Ginger – stimulates the production of stomach acid and digestive juices, such as food and promotes the passage through the intestines. You can add it to soups, sauces, stews, vegetable juice, grated in salads or in tea.
- Miso – is a fermented paste soy or rice, barley and sea salt, and sometimes are added algae. It contains a high percentage of Lactobacillus and enzymes that work well on digestion addition, rich in minerals, proteins, essential oils and amino acids. It can be added to all dishes.
- Oats – the fibers are essential for good stomach function, and is excellent for your teeth. In addition, it is good to reduce high cholesterol levels and in controlling blood sugar.
- Apple vinegar – most people do not know, but people suffer from more than lack of excess stomach acid, said Barnes. Its deficiency causes indigestion, belching, dizziness and even heartburn. Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar dissolved in a little water just before meals can help maintain healthy levels of stomach acid. But this should not be used if you are already taking medication to reduce stomach acid, says nutritionist.
- Watercress – bitter taste of this herb stimulates the digestive juices and the release of toxins from the liver. Bitterness of them also helps dissolve and digest fats and helps in digestion and absorption of vitamins A and E, which are essential for the breakdown of fats.
- Soup bones – such soup is cooked for hours and at the same time releases the valuable nutrients from them, including the gelatin from the bones and minerals. Gelatin is just one that helps maintain healthy levels of acid in the stomach.
- Pumpkin seeds – an excellent source of zinc, which is essential for good gut health. Fresh seeds have been used as a medicine against parasites since forever. Today it is still recommended to short fry in order to get maximum benefit from them.