Mayas considered dark chocolate to be food of the gods, today we give it in order to express love to someone, and some say that the dark chocolate is a great aphrodisiac. Among other things, it is good for your health and helps when it comes to weight loss.
Dark chocolate contains more antioxidants than milk because it has a higher proportion of cocoa. It also has fewer calories, does not make you hungry and is high in fiber, which is better for people who have a desire to lose weight.
In addition, these five things are good enough reason to start eating dark chocolate:
- Dark chocolate and cocoa are rich in antioxidants – natural compounds, which can be found in fruits, vegetables, grains and nuts. Antioxidants protect our body from premature aging and many diseases, including cancer.
- Chocolate contains serotonin, which acts against depression, and endorphins, which gives a feeling of satisfaction.
- Chocolate has long been known as an aphrodisiac. Dark chocolate is rich in phenylethylamine – a chemical compound that makes you believe that you are falling in love. The study showed that women who consumed chocolate daily have better sex lives than those who do not.
- Regardless of its sweet taste, dark chocolate has a low glycemic index. This means that eating dark chocolate does not raise blood sugar levels, which is good news for diabetics. Flavonoids containing chocolate, treat diabetes as they improve the sensitivity of cells to insulin and glucose.
- Dark chocolate protects the heart and cardiovascular system. Clinical studies confirm that a slab of chocolate a day reduces blood pressure, improves blood circulation and prevents the formation of clots. Chocolate contains a series of vitamins and minerals. It is rich in copper, magnesium, calcium, potassium and iron.