It is all about fuller healthier looking lips these days ain’t it? I mean we have starlets and models and everyone from Tinseltown going for lip fillers and surgery. Hell we even have beauty bloggers who have gone for lip filling treatments.
Although let’s not forget those disastrous lip surgeries that went terribly wrong for all of us to learn from too.
Anyway, fuller lips have literally become the norm now.
Now not everyone is blessed with a natural Angelina Jolie pout. But you can always achieve a killer pout with a few simple tricks in makeup and a little rummaging in your toiletries closet.
Yes, that’s right. You don’t have to go for expensive and questionable treatments or surgeries to up your pouting game.
Here are 6 simple steps to achieve fuller lips in a matter of minutes:
- Exfoliation – You can start off by gently exfoliating your lips because flaky lips reflect less light. Now we want more shine to make lips look bigger so get rid of those flakes by brushing your lips lightly with a toothbrush after applying a lip balm. This also helps to increase blood circulation which can give you a hint of pink without any makeup at all.
- Concealer or foundation – This can help in faking a larger canvas for the lip color to sit on. You can pat some concealer or foundation over your lips and a tad bit above your lips as well.
- Lining the lips – This is a very important step. You need to use a darker shade of the lip color for lining your lips. Then start by lining your cupid’s bow out to the corners of your mouth and then taper it down to blend in with the actual lip color.
What you can also do for an extra plumping effect is to color outside the lines. Yes, you can line your lips just along the outer ridge of your lips and then fill in with lipstick.
- Contouring – We know of the wonders that contouring can do. You can use a liner that is one or two shades darker than your lip color to shade and add some shadow and dimension to your lips.
- Lip gloss or highlight – Remember, more light means fuller lips. So apply a shimmer highlighter or a high shine lip gloss right in the center of your lips for an instant plumping effect.
- Finishing – Finally you need to clean it up by applying a tiny bit of concealer with a tiny and precise brush. Gently line the outside of your lips and your lips will pop.
Pretty simple right?
Now you know, Kylie Jenner is not the only one who can rock big lips.
Image sources: youtube.com