The working woman is often seen as a multi-tasker in this era. Any ambitious woman who has set her mind to follow her dreams is sure to be busy with her career and work routines, but she is also expected to take care of her family and her home. As a matter of fact, it is almost always the woman of the house who does the household chores, runs errands and maintains the house.
Not that husbands don’t help or do their part at all, don’t take me wrong there. But a woman is seldom seen just concentrating on her work and not her home.
For the same reasons, time happens to be one of the rarest resources on the hands of a working woman. Well she has so much to do, hence it is not surprising to know that, is it?
For such women, the phenomenal “I-don’t-have-anything-to-wear” life crisis that mostly pops up during the morning rush for every woman is comparatively more serious, because she doesn’t have the time to ponder over every item of clothing in her wardrobe.
So here is a list of 10 wardrobe must-haves for every working woman, that can help you rock the professional polished formal look from 9 to 5, and possible save a few minutes from the morning chaos.
- Simple and crisp button down shirts – These are more of a timeless piece. You can wear them with anything you want and any way you want.
- A classic watch – Let people know that you’re a woman who knows how to manage her time, besides the actual function of helping you manage your time.
- Tailored blazers – Blazers are a way to add instant sophistication to any look. Have some basics like a black blazer, a neutral one and maybe a printed one.
- Black pumps – It goes without saying how important it is to own classic pumps. Wherever you go, they speak sophistication and class.
- Dresses – Dresses are one of the easiest ways to look sophisticated and elegant at the same time. They can be specifically helpful on days when you accidentally oversleep. Have every variety from sheath dresses to shirt dresses to wrap-arounds.
- Black loafers or flats – Heels may not always be practical every single day. Hence you also need to have black flats or loafers to support you during your mid-day runs between office locations.
- Midi skirts – Midi length skirts are a classic when it comes to work wear. Heels work best with midi skirts.
- Dress pants – No work wardrobe is complete without the perfect pair of dress pants. You can have classic black ones to even printed pants to go with your button down shirts.
- Printed blouses – Why not add some color to your wardrobe? You can have several of printed blouses that you can wear to work if you pair it with a blazer or dress it down with a pair of jeans for a day out.
- A tote bag – What with all the stuff you need to carry from paperwork to food to maybe an extra pair of shoes, tote bags are definitely a must have. Have a structured one that is big enough but doesn’t look sloppy.
So those are 10 thoughtfully listed must-have items for every working woman. I’m sure you cannot do without any one of these. Are there any more in your mind to add to the list? Let us know what you think.
Image sources: http://www.bestproducts.com/fashion/g1864/perfect-office-work-clothes-for-women