Ever thought of the diamonds, their prices and uniqueness? We bring you 10 most expensive diamonds in the world, provided with their description.
1. Diamond Allnatt – worth $ 3,000,000, the beautiful yellow color, cut in the form of pads and a weight of 101.29 carats (20.258 grams). Named after the famous soldier, sportsman and benefactor Alfred Ernest Allnatt, it was dug out in one of the first De Beers mine.
2. Red Moussaieff – worth $ 7,000,000, hard 05.11 carats (1.022 grams), cut called a trillion, deep red in color, although small compared with other famous diamonds, but the biggest diamond in red color which gives it its value.
3. Immortal Heart – diamond worth $ 16,000,000, blue and weights 27.64 carats (5.528 grams). Cut is, as the name suggests, in the shape of a heart and is a very rare example of colored diamonds, and is also extracted from De Beers mine in South Africa.
4. Wittelsbach diamond – worth 16.4 million dollars, 35.56 carat (11.7 grams), blue diamond is very high clarity, one of the diamonds of the Austrian crown. Diameter is 40 mm and 29.8 mm in height, slightly oval-cut with the star on the crown of the diamond.
5. Steinmetz Pink diamond – worth $ 25 million, oval-cut, the largest pink diamond weighs 59.6 carats (11.92 g).
6. De Beers Centenary Diamond – worth $ 100 million, weighs 273.85 carats (54.77 g) is the third largest diamond mined from De Beers Premier mine. Diamond decorates cleanliness, drab and processing without any error.
7. Diamonds of the hope – worth $ 350 million, weighing 45.52 carats (10.9 g) specific for being visible to the naked eye – the blue traces of the element boron in its crystal structure. When under the ultraviolet light it reflects the red color due to phosphorus.
8. Cullinan Diamond – worth $ 400 million, is the largest excavated nugget weighs 3.106.75 cards (621.35 grams) with the best quality diamonds. It represented the largest diamond in the world untill they found a diamond weighing 545.67 carats under the name Golden Jubilee 1985.
9. Diamond Sancy – 55.23 carats (5.11 grams), a pale yellow-cut in the shape of a shield and a native of India, very unusual processing and cutting. This diamond has a defined price, to be precise, it is priceless.
10. Koh-I-Noor diamond – which in Persian means mountain of light, is a priceless collection of 105 carat (21.6 g) diamond. Originally from India. This diamond is accompanied by a number of witnesses and persons who owned it since the days of warfare Persian emperors. The most famous legend says that whoever owns the Koh-i-noor rule the world.